CT Food Handler Online Course and Exam
Time & Location
About the Event
The premier provider of food safety training is proud to offer solutions to meet any food handler training need. Whether you are an employee seeking your Food Handler Card or an operation seeking a compliant solution for your employees, the National Restaurant Association’s ServSafe® Food Handler Program has a product that’s right for you.
About the Course
- Length: Approximately 60 to 90 minutes.
- Content: The five sections are Basic Food Safety, Personal Hygiene, Cross-contamination and Allergens, Time and Temperature, and Cleaning and Sanitation. You must complete these sections before the assessment is available. There is an optional "Job Specific" section that your manager may want you to complete. Please ask your manager before taking the assessment.
- Course Expiration: You will have 12 months from date of purchase to begin course. The course will expire 60 days after it is started.
- Beginning the Course: After purchasing the course or having it assigned to your ServSafe User Id, you can simply select Launch from the Course Management page. If a Course Key was assigned to you, simply enter that key on the same page in the designated area.
- Exiting the Course: If you exit the course and log out, you can sign back in and return to the point where you left off.
- Languages: English and Spanish. You can switch languages anytime during the course.
- Using the Course: Use our System Check (link to the system check) to ensure your computer is compatible with the Course.
About the Online Assessment
- Length: The assessment is a 40-question, non-proctored test. It has no time limit.
- Passing Grade: Students must achieve at least a 75%* score to receive the ServSafe Food Handler Certificate of Achievement. You make take the assessment as many times as necessary until you pass the assessment or the course expires. Once you pass the assessment, both the course and assessment will close.
- Access: After you complete the course, you will receive a link that takes you to the assessment. The assessment will not be accessible until you finish the course.
- Certificate: A certificate is available online upon successfully passing the assessment.
*Some jurisdictions have special regulations and the required passing score may vary.